2018 Operation Manual
2012 Operation Manual
How do the Sykes Pumps Work?
What Is Univac?
- A fully automatic self priming pump
- Automatic priming complete with long suction lines
- Capable of handling liquid/air mixtures in snore conditions
- Solids handling
- A vacuum system providing poweful priming capabilities
- No screens in priming system to clog in tough conditions
- For dewatering, sewage, sludges, slurries, and well-point dewatering
- A backflush valve system which allows an operator to clean out suction hose with the simple push of a lever
- A vacuum pump which creates a vacuum in the pump. As the pump is primed, liquid lifts a float which in turn vents the vacuum to atmosphere. When the pumps lose its prime, the float drops and the process starts over. The air handling capabilities of this system demonstrates why the Sykes Univac system is renowned world-wide for the ability to perform nearly any pump job.